Friday, February 9, 2007

11/365 - Cobbled Together Creative CloseUp


Today I brought my sons' Samsung Digimax U-CA505 point and shoot to work to play with. Jack's 365 Blog article inspired me to be creative and so looking around the office I found an old lens element from a zoom lens. It looked like it would fit the Samsung if I held it over the lens, and it was. Now, what to photograph? Ah, that coke machine token with the eagle embossed on it would work great!

I used the maximum telephoto setting of 3x and manually focused by moving the camera closer and this is what I came up with.
Pat took a pic of me taking a pic using this for his 365 blog. Here's some I cropped down so you could see the technique...

3 comments:

Jack said...

Awesome!.. I've been trying to find some unique photography tricks and ideas but I haven't found much around my house... I really want a macro lense because it would open up all sorts of possiblilities..

Sashanicole said...

WOW that's pretty creative! I wish I could get some creative juices flowing! Way to go. Great pic!

Kerrie said...

look at you getting all crafty! work it ! :)